~ Making friends through wine, food & shared experiences from our land ~
Folded Hills Winery was established in 2014 when Kim & Andy Busch planted 15 acres of Rhône varietals on their 600-acre historic ranch in Gaviota California. As a small production winery, we practice organic, biodynamic and sustainable farming and winemaking. Folded Hills Winery is growing quickly, and we want you to grow with us! We are offering competitive hourly rates and sales incentives for full & part-time positions in our new estate tasting room in Gaviota, slated to open in July 2019.
The Tasting Room team member/lead will ensure that every guest feels a positive and genuine connection with Folded Hills. They will be taking the extra steps to serve/sell quality wine flights, glasses of wine and retail items in a high traffic, fast-paced environment.
- Host wine tastings and guide the guest experience as you graciously represent the winery.
- Connect with each guest so they walk out feeling like our friend.
- Educate guests on our highly regarded wines as well as winemaking practices & family history.
- Follow all laws regarding responsible serving of alcohol with guest safety as a top priority.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming environment in the tasting room at all times
- Presenting FH wines with strong attention to quality control including polished stemware, decanting and checking for oxidized or corked wine.
- Use the POS system (Microworks) and cash register with a high level of skill & integrity
- Promote & sell wine club offerings
- Work to achieve sales goals established by management.
- Punctually and accurately execute daily opening and closing procedures
- Maintain a professional personal appearance at all times while representing Folded Hills.
- Participate in team meetings, educational seminars and events.
- Work in a respectful and courteous manner with fellow employees and management
- 1+ years’ experience in hospitality, restaurant or wine industry.
- Comfortable with public speaking – hosting small & large groups
- Strong desire to surprise and delight each customer
- Ability to multitask with several guests while maintaining a high level of hospitality.
- Knowledge of general winemaking & wine theory
- Currently demonstrating a high motivation to expand one’s wine knowledge.
- Knowledge of Santa Barbara & Santa Ynez Valley including restaurant &hotel recommendations, activities & wine regions.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Able to repeatedly lift over 40lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Available weekends & holidays