Making friends through wine, food & shared experiences from our land
Small Production, Big Heart
Folded Hills Winery was established in 2014 when Kim & Andy Busch planted 15 acres of Rhône varietals on their 600-acre historic ranch in Gaviota California. As a small production winery, we practice organic, biodynamic and sustainable farming and winemaking. Folded Hills Winery is growing quickly, and we want you to grow with us! We offer competitive hourly rates and sales incentives for full & part-time positions in our two tasting rooms, Our Estate Tasting Room at the Homestead in Gaviota, and our Montecito Tasting Room and Wine Shop. We also hire seasonally for our Farmstead in Gaviota.
I couldn’t ask for a better place to work or a better family to work for. The FH hospitality is unmatched. All I hear are compliments about FH, the wines, the tasting room and the ranch.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS AT FOLDED HILLS
The Assistant Wine Club Manager will work with the DtC & Hospitality Manager to help execute all winery shipping orders through our fulfillment center, wine club logistics and customer service. This position also requires time on the tasting room floor along with fellow tasting room team members.
• Host wine tastings and guide the guest experience as you graciously represent the winery.
• Connect with each guest so they walk out feeling like our friend.
• Educate guests on our highly regarded wines as well as winemaking practices & family history.
• Follow all laws regarding responsible serving of alcohol with guest safety as a top priority.
• Maintain a clean and welcoming environment in the tasting room at all times.
• Presenting FH wines with strong attention to quality control including polished stemware, decanting and checking for oxidized or corked wine.
• Use the POS system (Microworks) and cash register with a high level of skill & integrity.
• Promote & sell wine club offerings.
• Work to achieve sales goals established by management.
• Punctually and accurately execute daily opening and closing procedures.
• Maintain a professional personal appearance at all times while representing Folded Hills.
• Participate in team meetings, educational seminars and events.
Wine Club & Shipping:
• Manage the wine club email account w/ DtC Manager and answer club members’ emails in a professional manner with the highest level of customer service.
• Stick to deadlines set forth on ASANA for Wine Club & new wine releases.
• Create and run wine club orders during 2x’s per year wine club.
• Manage customer calls and keep a log of all shipping issues around wine club seasons.
• Overseeing that courtesy calls, thank you cards, birthday cards and welcome emails are being executed for new wine club members.
• Run all back-office orders including corporate orders, phone and e-commerce orders.
• Be the main point of contact for our fulfillment center.
• Work with the General Manager to ensure wine inventory to properly fulfill orders and wine club.
• In charge of inventory in our fulfillment center.
• Tracking all shipments and contacting customers at risk of return.
• 2+ years’ experience in hospitality, restaurant or wine industry.
• Knowledge of Microworks back-office wine software is desired but not required.
• Very detail oriented with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Previous experience in wine shipping and working with Pack N Ship Direct or similar fulfillment house.
• Comfortable with public speaking – hosting small & large groups.
• Strong desire to solve all customers issues and concerns.
• Ability to multitask with several guests while maintaining a high level of hospitality.
• Knowledge of general winemaking & wine theory.
• Currently demonstrating a high motivation to expand one’s wine knowledge.
• Live within a 20-mile radius Gaviota and willing to work in our Montecito Tasting Room location.
• Knowledge of Santa Barbara & Santa Ynez Valley including restaurant & hotel recommendations, activities & wine regions.
• Must be 21+ years of age.
• Able to repeatedly lift over 40lbs.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Available weekends & holidays.